Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression
[at SEVA Practice]
SEVA working in partnership with D S Panesar [SYMRAN ]
INTRODUCTION TO MBCT
A Clinically proven approach to dealing with depression and preventing relapse (as recommended by NICE and the Mental Health Foundation for treating depression)
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression (MBCT) is an effective & innovative eight-week course designed to help address depression and prevent relapse. The core of the course uses mindfulness to awaken our inner resources for self-growth and learning to cultivate healing through physical, mental and psychological resilience. The course is the unique integration of transformative Eastern mindfulness practices with Western scientific and psychological understanding of human functioning. This highly respected fusion has proved reliable in the successful treatment depression and relapse.
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS?
Mindfulness is being present to the moment to moment unfolding in a non-judgmental and compassionate manner. Mindfulness releases us from habitual, mental and emotional patterns of replaying past memories or future fantasies by bringing clear awareness of our present moment reality.
Mindfulness is learning to be awake and aware in the present moment. Mindfulness within MBCT entails fostering a “decentred” relationship where negative thoughts and feelings can be viewed as mental events rather than “self” or necessarily true.
Clinically Proven Programme
• Provides immediate, manageable & practical impact
• Provides a safe, supportive, stimulating and enjoyable learning environment
• Incorporates cognitive therapy principles into a mindfulness framework
• Firmly grounded in current psychological & consciousness studies research
What Does The Course Involve?
A series of ground-breaking talks combined with inspired and transformative experiential learning, workshops and discussions
• A 3 hour weekly class for 8 weeks & a 1 day retreat
• Brief Lectures and Discussions
• Guided mindfulness meditation training
• Body and light yoga awareness training
• Exploration of thinking patterns, feelings and actions
• Individual support & guidance
• Commitment to homework practice using CDs and handouts
What Can I Expect From The Course?
Empirical studies that were reviewed found Mindfulness to have:
• Help overcome depression
• Prevent relapse into depression
• Increased happiness, joy and positive thoughts
• Increase problem solving skills
• Enhanced acceptance, compassion and tolerance
• Increased resilience
• Increased control of feelings & personal responsibility
• Improved self and personal relationships
• Improvement in psychological wellbeing
Who Is It For?
This practical, inspiring and transformative course is for health professionals working in mental health and clients who wish to recover from depression and prevent relapse by providing clinically proven methods to break the cycles of recurrent depressive episodes.
Who Offers The Training?
Experts accomplished and skilled at creating a safe, supportive and deeply engaging learning experiential environment. Our Trainer has over 20 years of mindfulness teaching experience and engagement with individuals and organisations to promote the practice of mindfulness as a transformational tool and process in health, education, business and community development.
Mindfulness meditation is a holistic tool for growth, self-awareness, health and well-being, benefiting your mind, body and soul.
Research in mindfulness has demonstrated immense physiological and psychological benefits, including management, reduction and prevention of:
• Chronic pain
• Destructive emotions
• Panic attacks
• Personality disorders
The MBCT course consists of eight-sessions with practical guidance and underpinning theory. MBCT has clinically proven to reinforce recovery from depression and prevent relapse.
The programme has been developed by leading scientist-practitioners and is firmly grounded in current psychological research.
The basis of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy is to gently guide and teach participants step-by-step in how to make a simple yet radical shift in their relationship to their thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations that contribute to depression and depressive relapse.
The sessions are delivered through step-by-step guidance by conducting awareness exercises and cognitive intervention that help participants to gain awareness of mild states of sadness and prevent them from spiralling out of control.
“This Present Moment is the only time that any of us have to be alive in – to know anything in to learn in to change in and to heal in”
• Respecting individual uniqueness and human dignity
• Creating a safe, collaborative, learning and healing environment
• Integrity in our professional and ethical responsibilities
“Mindfulness is the greatest wealth good health is the highest gain”
How much does it Cost?
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer and Paypal Payments
Depending on how many Sessions are Required
SIGN UP NOW
3 Hours Weekly Sessions for 8 weeks / up to 10 People