WHAT IS GROUP THERAPY
Group therapy is similar to family therapy, but where it differs is in the group, individual members may not know each other at all but share the same issue. The therapist would work on this particular issue in the group that everyone is experiencing. By doing this, the individual member shares their issues and the therapist will encourage the group to talk to one another about what it is like for them to be facing this issue and what coping strategy they are using or would like to use. The therapist will facilitate the group, in doing this, other members can learn from each other.
It is essential that during family or group therapy, each member’s opinion should be listened to and respected; all members will have an equal amount of time to speak so it is important to let the other person talk without being impolite
• Each session is one and a half hour’s duration
• A review will take place after the sixth session
• You will be asked to complete an evaluation form once your sessions come to an end, this will enable us to better our service
• Confidentiality will be maintained, however we will review this if we have cause for concern for the safety and welfare of an individual or others
• If this does occur, we will attempt to continue with the sessions
• Any form of verbal or physical aggression towards the therapist will not be tolerated, emergency service will be called, i.e. the police and names and contact details will be given. This will be done automatically without informing you
What happens if a Client is not comfortable with their Session?
• If you are not comfortable with the sessions, this should be discussed with your therapist during your session time, in order for a mutual agreement to be reached as to the way forward
Where will the Sessions take place?
• Sessions will take place at the agreed premises
How much does it Cost?
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer and Paypal Payments
Groups (up to 6 members)
First Session £90