What is Telephone Support and Guidance Service for the Asian Community?
• This service is for those who cannot speak English, but their first language is Punjabi, Urdu, Hindi or Gujarati. It provides you the ability to talk openly about any concerns you may be facing and help you overcome your difficulties over the phone.
• Between You and Me Seva offers a confidential telephone service for the Asian community, especially for those who prefer to reach out for support over the phone. Our telephone service is available to the whole of the UK and gives you the flexibility to talk from the comfort of your own home, at a time that is most suitable to you.
• SEVA’s trained telephone support workers are on hand to provide information on general matters such as welfare rights as well as to listen to your problems and help you deal with emotional issues. Telephone support allows you to talk honestly and openly in a safe environment without fear of being judged. You will feel like you have received a new perspective on things – a problem shared is a problem halved!
• SEVA offers the telephone service in English, Punjabi, Urdu, Hindi, and Gujarati.
First Session Assessment
• The assessment can be delivered by the support worker or another trained member of staff
• If assessment is delivered by another member of staff, this session will not be classed as a support session
• The outcome of the assessment will be given at the end of the session
• Each session is one hour’s duration
• At the end of your telephone support sessions, an evaluation form will be sent out to you via email for you to complete and send back to us by email
What happens if a client is not comfortable with their sessions?
• If you are not comfortable with the sessions, please discuss this with your support worker during your session time, in order for a mutual agreement to be reached as to the way forward
• Confidentiality will be maintained, however we will review this if we have cause for concern for the safety and welfare of an individual or others
• If this does occur, we will attempt to continue with the sessions
• Any form of verbal aggression towards the support worker will not be tolerated, and the call will be terminated
• It will be your responsibility to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in your private home when the telephone sessions are taking place
• Your support worker will make it their responsibility that confidentiality is strictly maintained during the telephone support sessions
• All sessions are made by appointments only
• Support workers are available Monday to Friday between 10am – 8pm subject to support worker’s availability
• Service also operates weekends subject to the availability of the support worker
• If you do not answer, the support worker will try again after five minutes
• If after five minutes you still do not answer, and you call back after ten to fifteen minutes, the support worker will not be able to give you the full hour session
How much does it Cost?
• Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer and Paypal Payments
• You can either pay a one off yearly registration fee, or this fee can be paid in instalments to suit your needs and receive support anytime throughout the year
• Once you have signed the chosen agreement, the service will not be refundable
• Alternatively, you can access the service as a pay as you go, on an hourly basis
• If we do not receive payment, you are unable to continue your sessions
First Session £20
You can Access the Service as and When Required
Thereafter standard hourly fee will apply