What is Telephone Counselling?
Telephone counselling provides a basis to talk about any emotional issues,
negative thoughts or overwhelming situations and helps to overcome difficulties
and look at new perspectives. This type of counselling means that you’re able to
gain support from the comfort of your chosen environment.
Between You and Me Seva offers a confidential telephone service especially for
those who prefer to reach out for support over the phone. Our telephone service
is available to the whole of the UK and gives you the flexibility to talk from
the comfort of your own home, at a time that is most suitable to you
SEVA’s trained telephone support workers are on hand to provide information on
general matters such as welfare rights as well as to listen to your problems and
help you deal with emotional issues. Telephone support allows you to talk honestly
and openly in a safe environment without fear of being judged. You will feel like
you have received a new perspective on things – a problem shared is a problem halved!
Introduction for Counselling
• Prior to commencing counselling, you have the opportunity to receive an introduction to counselling free of charge for ten to fifteen minutes by telephone
• In accordance with BACP policy, our counsellors are in regular supervision to ensure that they are providing an effective professional service and that good practice is maintained and enhanced for the well-being of the client
• Confidentiality will be maintained at all times
First Session Assessment
• The assessment can be delivered by the counsellor or another trained member of staff
• If assessment is delivered by another member of staff, this will not be classed as a counselling session
• The outcome of the assessment will be given at the end of the session
• Each session is for one hour’s duration
• A review will take place after the sixth session
• You will be asked to complete an evaluation form once your sessions come to an end, this will enable us to better our service
• Confidentiality will be maintained, however we will review this if we have cause for concern for the safety and welfare of an individual or others
• If this does occur, we will attempt to continue with the sessions
• Any form of verbal aggression towards the counsellor will not be tolerated, and call will be terminated
• It becomes your responsibility to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in your private home when the telephone sessions are taking place
• The counsellor will make it their responsibility that confidentiality is strictly maintained during telephone counselling, at their practice
• Each session, the counsellor will telephone you
• It is most important that you are ready to receive the call
• If you do not answer, the counsellor will try again after five minutes
• If after five minutes you still do not answer, and you call back after ten to fifteen minutes, the counsellor will not be able to give you the full hour session
What happens if a Client is Not Comfortable with their Session?
• If you are not comfortable with the sessions, this should be discussed with your counsellor during your session time, in order for a mutual agreement to be reached as to the way forward
• All sessions are booked by appointment only
How much does it Cost?
• Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer and Paypal Payments
• All payments should be made 24 hours before each session takes place.
• If payments are not made, the counsellor is unable to see you.
Full Time Employment
First session £20
Part Time Employment
First Session £20
Within 48 Hours Notice
Thereafter standard hourly fee will apply