What is Couple Counselling?
Couple counselling is for couples who are facing difficulties in their relationships or marriage and wish to be seen together by a counsellor, from the comfort of their own home.
The counsellor would give you both equal time and attention. This will allow you both to express your story without any interruptions. The sessions will support you to help you look at each other’s world from a different perspective.
It is essential that during couple counselling, the other person’s opinion should be listened to and respected, both of you will have an equal amount of time to speak so it is important to let the other person talk without being impolite.
Introduction for Counselling
• Prior to commencing counselling, you have the opportunity to receive an introduction to counselling free of charge for ten to fifteen minutes by telephone
• In accordance with BACP policy, our counsellors are in regular supervision to ensure that they are providing an effective professional service and that good practice is maintained and enhanced for the well-being of the client
• Confidentiality will be maintained at all times
First Session Assessment
• The assessment can be delivered by the counsellor or another trained member of staff
• If assessment is delivered by another member of staff, this session will not be classed as a counselling session
• You have the choice to have individual assessment before commencing your couple’s sessions, this will be done on the same day
• The outcome of the assessment will be given at the end of the session
• Each session is one hour’s duration
• A review will take place after the sixth session
• You will be asked to complete an evaluation form once your sessions come to an end, this will enable us to better our service
• Confidentiality will be maintained, however we will review this if we have cause for concern for the safety and welfare of an individual or others
• If this does occur, we will attempt to continue with the sessions
• Any form of verbal or physical aggression towards the counsellor will not be tolerated, emergency service will be called, i.e. the police and names and contact details will be given. This will be done automatically without informing you
• It will be your responsibility to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in your private home when the sessions are taking place contact details will be given. This will be done automatically without informing you
What happens if a Client is Not Comfortable with their Session?
• If you are not comfortable with the sessions, this must be discussed with your counsellor during your session time, in order for a mutual agreement to be reached as to the way forward
• All sessions are booked by appointment only
How much does it Cost?
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer and Paypal Payments
First session £55
First Session £55 (Subject to Evidence)
First Session £40 (Subject to Awards Notice)
Thereafter standard hourly fee will apply