Who is SEVA?
Operates as a Non-Profit Social Enterprise
It offers a professional, confidential and accessible counselling and support services to the community so that individuals and families can function fully, respond to the challenges of life, have a sense of well-being and contribute positively to the community in which they live.
Health and social care professionals are recognising the invaluable role counselling plays in helping individuals and groups cope with the stress and trials of everyday life. Professionally delivered counselling enables people to contribute all they can to society.
Increasingly employers wish to contribute to the health and welfare of their employees to in order to develop a more dynamic and confident workforce. This leads to greater efficiency, good productivity and sustainability
What “SEVA” Means
SEVA means a “selfless service,” or work performed because it is necessary and worthwhile and provides for the common good. SEVA is about more than the doing of a kind act; it’s about participation and making a contribution that enriches and improves the lives of others.
The concept of SEVA is a thread that runs through all cultures and is manifest in different ways including acting from the kindness of your heart, having concern, no common by concern that your actions are supporting the welfare and wellbeing of others. Ultimately the way you act can heal yourself and others on a practical and spiritual level
Principles of SEVA
- SEVA is committed to provide a professional, confidential and accessible Counselling Service to businesses and the community so that they can respond to the challenges we face on a daily basis
- SEVA promotes the education and training of counsellors and therapist. All counselling therapist are accredited by the BACP, UKCP and BPS
- SEVA facilitates outreach work supporting individual and families
- SEVA supports and works with other agencies and organisations in order to help improve the health and wellbeing of the community
- SEVA operates an equal opportunities service regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, colour, race or culture
- SEVA has specialist knowledge of ethnic cultures and is experienced in working with minority groups and has specific expertise in supporting Asian communities
What We Do?
- Counselling provides a safe and confidential space to enable clients to explore ways to deal with situations and crises they may be facing
- It is a place to be listened to and obtain support
- A place to work on our fears and anxieties and how these affect our life and relationships
- A place to help us realise that we do have choices
- Between You and Me Seva offers a confidential one to one support service especially for those who prefer to reach out for support in person. Our one to one support service is available for those who live near The service can be provided in the comfort of your own home
- SEVA’s trained one to one support workers are on hand to provide information on general matters, such as welfare rights as well as advocacy service to individuals and families. They are also there to listen to your problems and help you deal with your emotional issues. This service enables you to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of your life
- Our support workers are happy to meet up with you for lunch, coffee and can arrange to go for walks with yourself. If need to be, we can assist you to your appointments e.g. GP, hospitals and others